Sunday, March 11, 2012

2 Mommys 2 Daddys and a Little Baby

Just to clarify my earlier posts, my daughter is "the caddie" when she is being a cooing, half-smiling, non-crying baby girl and "the CEO" when she is a fussing and/or screaming child who has had enough. But, when in thinking about this post, I can't really get a handle on which one she is. See, she is 5 weeks old and probably doesn't know her butt from her elbow. Actually that's not entirely true, she's got her butt covered (see previous post) but you get my point. What I've been noticing lately is that the CEO doesn't quite have a favorite employee yet. It's not Mommy or Daddy. It's not Nana or Papa or Grandpa or Grandma (I'm sure they all have theories otherwise but...). She's even too young to really know what a freakin toy is. We have dozens of cute soft stuffed animals and if one those dolls fed her, put her to bed,  changed her diaper, and never let her cry, she couldn't care less. That is, unless they were her new favorite Mom and Dad. Not the Mrs. and myself, but two things she clearly wishes were her Mom and Dad. The only things in the world (her 5 weeks of the world) that completely mesmerize her. She looks at these two things like she is watching The Matrix for the first time or like Dan Aykroyd stares at the painting of Vigo in Ghostbusters. For example, she was on my lap the other day, staring at her new favorite Mom for 25 minutes before she even noticed I was there. Then I got a look as if "Hey! Where did you come from? Sorry, I was hanging around with my favorite mom. You should see her, she's dreamy." So now to go over who her new mom and dad are. Mom is the venetian blinds in our living room and Dad is the the toy seahorse that plays music and his belly lights up (who we have lovingly named Carlos because, well, he looks like a Carlos). Nothing else in the world exists when either of these two other things are in the CEO's eyesight. I mean her eyesight is like 4 feet but STILL! So since I'm writing about the CEO, I figured it would be helpful for people to get to know her new favorite parents. Let's meet them now....

Carlos the Seahorse
Carlos is a purple fuzzy seahorse (fuzzy seahorse, who knew right?) Unlike normal seahorses he resides above water, has a wonderful singing voice that sounds like mechanical church music (which is not at all annoying when played on repeat for 30 minutes at a time) and a special light up belly. His main talent is stealing the affection of newborn children and embedding his haunting melodies into the brains of new parents.

The Venetian Blinds
Originally from Venice, Italy (at some point, right?) these blinds perform the special trick of letting some of the light come through the window, giving it a fascinating striped look worthy of much drooling and staring. They come in various colors and styles and will have the same effect on a newborn child that a topless woman would have at a Comicon convention.

Since the CEO enjoys spending most of her waking hours with her new parents, I've put together their first family picture. Enjoy, while I go learn how to get my belly to light up...

1 comment:

  1. Both my kids were ENTRANCED by ceiling fans. I mean, the ARE pretty cool so how can I judge?

    ReplyDelete